Infant Car Seat

I have been shopping around for a new Infant Car Seat for my daughter due in June.
I would like to spend under $100 and do not need a convertible seat, I already own one that my toddler is currently using. Any suggestions.
Thank you.

Thank you everyone for your input, it was very helpful. I purchased the Graco SungRide this weekend at Babies R'Us, got a great deal on it.
Thanks again.

A. D

I just bought the Graco Safeseat. It has a higher weight limit and length limit and so can be used for a lot longer than most infant car seats. It had good reviews. It was a little pricier but I feel it was worth it.

Based on the recommendations from the car seat guru's the Chicco KeyFit 30 and the Graco SafeSeat are most highly recommended due to easy of installation, ease of use (tightening straps), they both allow the handle in the upright position while driving, and have higher weight and height limits so you will get a lot more use out of them than the standard infant seats....the SafeSeat can be found online right around 100 or less...features that you want are front harnesses tightener...some of the cheaper seats you have to reach around...the evenflo and trendloc the handles have to be down which can eat up space in some cars...and do not go by the last Consumer Report recommendations their studies were flawed and did not give great advice.

I agree with K. M. The Graco SnugRide fits your price range, is one of the lightest, is rated one of the safest (safer than the Graco SafetySeat), can travel with the handle up, has a belt-tightener in the front, and the extra base for $40. All of these things (but especially the safety rating and weight of the seat) sold it for me. I used the Baby Bargains book for reasearching all of my gear.

When I was trying to find all my babies needs I would either look on www.Epinions.com/ (which gives very technical reviews by consumers) or Babies R Us. Babies R Us gives consumer reviews on their products. Mostly I used Epinions. They also give you the estimated prices of the items and where to find them.

Good Luck out there. There are so many to choose from and everybody has there own opinion. The best way is to check out any government feedback from each manufacturer.

I also recommend the Graco Snugrider.

Graco car seats are usually rated very high by moms and consumer reports. They are usually the cheapest too.

Try looking on craigslist.com

I have one that is used - 1 child in non-smoking home. I purchased in 2005 (so under the 5 year mark they suggest for used) and has never been in any accident. If you are interested, please contact me - I have a picture I can email to you. It is a Graco Snug Ride in a black and cream Toile pattern. It is in near perfect condition. I purchased for over $150 and have it listed on Craig's list for $85.

You may want to rethink getting the convertible one as your now toddler has to be in a booster seat until 8 yrs. of age or 80 lbs., unless you are planning to buy the toddler a bigger booster soon.

1 / 3